Thanks to Francis!
Pioneers is a digital making challenge for 11- to 16-year-olds in the UK and Ireland. Find a team of up to five equally awesome thinkers and makers, and an adult to mentor you throughout the challenge.
Closing date Friday 1st December
You’ve probably heard the saying “Once it’s on the internet, it’s there forever”
What do you think? Also, if you want to know if your project for Coolest Projects must be finished before the event, this might give you a hint!
If you want to look at how a website has looked in the past, go to www.archive.org and type in the URL (e.g. www.coderdojodl.com) of the website you’re interested in seeing.
Black columns will show for any years where there is historic information:
Any dates where the website was crawled by the Wayback Machine will be highlighted in blue:
Clicking on the date will bring you to how the website looked at that time:
Be aware that things don’t always display exactly as they were, though – here’s how the home page of www.coderdojo.com has looked in November over the last few years:
2017 (very similar but not exactly the same – can you spot the differences?) :
So does that project for Coolest Projects need to be completely “finished”? What do you think now?
Note: Project presenters do not need a ticket!
Coolest Projects is on Saturday 17th June in the RDS, Dublin
If you created an account last year you can use the same Username and Password; if not, then create a new account.
You can edit/update your project after registering it.
Registration closes on Sunday 21st May 2017
ALL projects from beginner to advanced are accepted from CoderDojo attendees / community members. TheCoderDojo Coolest Projects is all about recognition for those that had an idea and made it a reality using the skills they learnt at their local CoderDojo.
Team entries may have a maximum of 4 team members.
- Scratch – Anything developed using the Scratch platform, from games to animations.
- Games + Web Games – The games category is for every kind of game made in any language on any technology. This category excites and engages at every level and we want members to develop games that excite all those who attend.
- Mobile Apps – The applications category is for interactive mobile apps which help, inform or entertain people
- Hardware – Robots, machines and hacks. The hardware category is for projects that use hardware, like the Intel Galileo, Raspberry Pi, Arduino or any hardware platform, to change the physical world around them using code and hardware.
- Evolution – This encompasses the members who have taken their CoderDojo projects to the next level, it includes the latest and greatest real web applications, enterprise projects that members have launched and advanced language computation such as C++. This category is a mix of complex computing projects.
- Coolness – how cool/unique is the idea – 20 marks
- Communication / Presentation – How you explain the idea to the judges – 10 marks
- Design & Usability – What does it look like and how user-friendly is it – 10 marks
- Complexity – What level of technology is used – 10 marks
More information at www.coolestprojects.org
Digital Dún Laoghaire has had a recent “soft launch” of a new dojo, which has had a couple of sessions in the dlr Lexicon. Driven by Eoin Costello of Digital Dún Laoghaire / Dún Laoghaire BID, this has been so successful that it is moving to a new, larger home!
From Monday March 27th the Digital Dun Laoghaire CoderDojo will start meeting in Starbucks every week from 6pm to 8pm, with an age group of 7 to 14 years old. Due to huge demand for CoderDojo in the area, children need to be registered in advance. Email addresses can be added to the waitlist via the form on the right of this page, and notification will be sent to everyone as and when places are available.
Mentors are always needed at CoderDojo, and if you are interested please fill in the form on our website; if you are particularly interested in mentoring at the Monday sessions, please complete this form.
Wednesday 15th February 6.30 – 8.30 p.m. in IADT
Hello Bezlo… Coding to catwalk
This free event is all about demonstrating how technology can enhance beautiful fashion creations. We have held fashion tech events before but none quite like this!
Aimed at teenage girls with an interest in fashion, we hope to light up your evening with an LED fashion workshop run by our talented fashion designer, followed by speakers from the Zalando team. This event is sure to empower, inspire and educate … Bezlo style.
Click here for more information and booking!