Click above link to download the files as discussed by Leo during our session on 6 May.
Leo’s part of the online session on Wednesday discussed J. H. Conway’s Game of Life.
Francis and the Scorpion Project –
Also, of interest from Harold:
Apologies but we have to cancel the session this evening. Emails have been sent out to parents. Business as usual next week.
Due to circumstances entirely within our control we are not opening today. Have a great day off and see you next week.
Only a few more days left to Coolest Projects on Saturday May 26th.
Its shaping up to be a great day. CoderDojo Dun Laoghaire has a great representation, rumour has it the largest of all the Dojos in Ireland! Well done everyone.
On the day there’s over 14 fun filled activities for kids and parents alike – take your pick from
– ToG Soldering and Lock picking
– Turtle Stitching
– LED Cube
And there’s some great speakers and panels covering topics such as teaching your kids good Digital Habits, the challenges of teaching technology subjects and how to keep girls interested in STEAM!
And there’s even an Experiential Area where you can do some hands-on workshops!
If you have registered a project then one Parent or Guardian is also automatically registered. Additional parents or guardians that want to come must also register. Remember to avail of your free ticket here and using the code CPFREECD
And finally don’t forget our Ninjas will be showcasing our very own Project Scorpion. Here’s a teaser – check it out at CoolestProjects!.
Hope to see you there!
Note: Project presenters do not need a ticket!
Coolest Projects is on Saturday 17th June in the RDS, Dublin
If you created an account last year you can use the same Username and Password; if not, then create a new account.
You can edit/update your project after registering it.
Registration closes on Sunday 21st May 2017
ALL projects from beginner to advanced are accepted from CoderDojo attendees / community members. TheCoderDojo Coolest Projects is all about recognition for those that had an idea and made it a reality using the skills they learnt at their local CoderDojo.
Team entries may have a maximum of 4 team members.
- Scratch – Anything developed using the Scratch platform, from games to animations.
- Games + Web Games – The games category is for every kind of game made in any language on any technology. This category excites and engages at every level and we want members to develop games that excite all those who attend.
- Mobile Apps – The applications category is for interactive mobile apps which help, inform or entertain people
- Hardware – Robots, machines and hacks. The hardware category is for projects that use hardware, like the Intel Galileo, Raspberry Pi, Arduino or any hardware platform, to change the physical world around them using code and hardware.
- Evolution – This encompasses the members who have taken their CoderDojo projects to the next level, it includes the latest and greatest real web applications, enterprise projects that members have launched and advanced language computation such as C++. This category is a mix of complex computing projects.
- Coolness – how cool/unique is the idea – 20 marks
- Communication / Presentation – How you explain the idea to the judges – 10 marks
- Design & Usability – What does it look like and how user-friendly is it – 10 marks
- Complexity – What level of technology is used – 10 marks
More information at www.coolestprojects.org
Digital Dún Laoghaire has had a recent “soft launch” of a new dojo, which has had a couple of sessions in the dlr Lexicon. Driven by Eoin Costello of Digital Dún Laoghaire / Dún Laoghaire BID, this has been so successful that it is moving to a new, larger home!
From Monday March 27th the Digital Dun Laoghaire CoderDojo will start meeting in Starbucks every week from 6pm to 8pm, with an age group of 7 to 14 years old. Due to huge demand for CoderDojo in the area, children need to be registered in advance. Email addresses can be added to the waitlist via the form on the right of this page, and notification will be sent to everyone as and when places are available.
Mentors are always needed at CoderDojo, and if you are interested please fill in the form on our website; if you are particularly interested in mentoring at the Monday sessions, please complete this form.