Some of you may have already met her or her friend Siri, they perform a similar function, they are good listeners and really want to help you with your problems. I am of course talking about Amazon’s AI tool which has started to be embedded in a number of devices – including Amazon’s own Echo device.
Here’s how it works:
1. You wake up Alexa – Amazon echo is listening for you to say Alexa – other devices need to have a button
2. You talk and the device records
3. The recording is forwarded to the Amazon AI
4. The AI decodes what you have said and determines an answer
5. The response is played back to you.
Well the good news is there’s a public API for developers and a some Python code out there to allow us to connect to it. There’s a small amount of wiring but not much! Try it out…
And when you have connected to it, now you can connect it back to you (eg using IFTTT)…