“CoderDojo is free, not a free ride!” ~ Bill Liao
Some guidelines (for everyone!) as to what’s cool:
– Be positive and kind!
– Engage with people, make new friends.
– Chat away, not too loudly as others may be concentrating.
– Help each other – you can mentor at any age.
– Ask for help from people around you before asking a mentor. “Ask 3 before me“.
– Talk about ideas.
– Stay involved.
– Stuff you can do elsewhere – such as watching videos or playing games – do it elsewhere!
– Ask a mentor before looking at a YouTube video as a learning tool.
– Make sure what you’re doing would be ok with your parents/teachers.
– Let a mentor know if something inappropriate appears on your computer.
– Let us know if you can’t make a session.
– Any form of bullying is not cool.
– If you have any concerns, let a mentor know.
– Please appreciate that the mentors volunteer their time!
Thanks and enjoy CoderDojo!